"Well ... probably the same way we think about Christmas. What does Christmas mean to you? When you see a Christmas tree or wear red and green for a cheesy photo, are you thinking about how you can best honor the Roman god Sol Invictus? And when you eat your Christmas dinner, are you super pumped about gathering to observe the ancient German pagan holiday of Yule?" So no I don't think getting free candy will send you to hell and if I get kicked out the church for this belief we have bigger issues than Halloween.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Halloween
This week our blog topic is Halloween. I am definitely for Halloween and it makes me mad when a church decides to change the name to make it sound better. I don't see any harm in little kids dressing up and running around with their friends. I don't think about the pagan religion of scaring off demons with a pumpkin. Besides we need to realize that if a holiday wasn't started by the church it is probably pagan. See if we were more fun and creative in the church we wouldn't have to have these arguments. That's what I like about the report at the end it says,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yes we do!
ReplyDelete