Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Lord Save Us from your Followers
This week we watched a video about evangelism in America. This video wasn't about how good we were doing or even the numbers we are bringing to Christ it was about how stupid we are when we evangelize. I believe this is very evident in the church today. The suite of stupid bumper stickers was a great idea. It got people's attention. I hate bumper stickers they are useless and quite frankly depreciate the value of a car. I think bumper stickers are people with out facebook's way of communicating their philosophy with the world. This movie had several great points illustrated in unique ways. First was the Jeopardy mach between Christians and non-Christians. It is absolutely pitiful that we know so little about what actually goes on in the lives of non-believers. I hope I would do better on this quiz but, I don't know. Christians seem to go on the defensive awfully fast. We only want to hear from people who agree with our point of view. This view is demonstrated by one of the best SNL skits ever Church Chat with Church Lady. But back to the report this shows how little we listen to other people's problems. We just tell them what they are doing wrong and wish them a happy day in Jesus. I hate when people sign letters like this, usually letters signed in Jesus or another form of his name are either asking for donations or on rare occasions actually legitimate. The movie later talks about a contemporary church group protesting homosexuality. It's nice to see we are taking kids off the street and putting them into riots. This is ridiculous there is no worse way to show God's love than to protest. Protesting at is purest is saying, I don't agree with what you believe and I'm shouting it through a megaphone which is a device great for making my mouth louder but does no good for my ears. I will admit I have said my fair share of bad things about homosexuality. This video shows their side of the video and it shows what happens when you apologize for something. I still don't agree with the lifestyle; however, it's no worse than lying or cheating or any other sin so, we are all in the same sinful boat. This movie opened my eyes to a lot of hypocrisy and I really enjoyed it. P.S. the title of the movie would make a great bumper sticker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Entertaining blog as usual with a side of humor (i.e. "It's nice to see we are taking kids off the street and putting them into riots") ha ha.
ReplyDeleteGood job.