Wednesday, March 9, 2011

DWYL Ch. 6 and 7

T.V.'s greatest problem is probably the fact that it's quality of programing is continually declining.  When T.V. first came out it was used for shows like the presidents speech and lassy.  Not alot of sinfulness going down there; however, as time went on T.V. gradually got worse allowing more language, nudity, etc. 
1. The first negative effect of T.V. on me is it's amazing amount of materialism.  In a thirty minute session there is aproximately ten minutes of crap being sold that I don't need and sometimes don't even want.  For instance, the snuggie. put sleeves on a blanket and you make more money than you can ever imagine.  Did we really need that.  Also the mustang commercials have to be the best comercials on earth put some cool music with and awesome car doing some doughnuts and drifting and you have, my attention. 
2.  The second negative effect T.V. has on me is the aiding in my ability to put people down.  I have a tendency to tel some pretty harsh jokes and comedy central really doesn't help the cause.  Even kids shows have a desgnated fat/ugly kid that it is perfectly okay to make fun of and beat down in any way possible.
3.  Third and finally T.V. really doesn't help me gain much spiritually.  Lots of T.V. preachers could be classified as thieves so, I really don't like to watch any of them.

The point has also been asked how much T.V. we watch relative to time spent with God.  At this I am asamed of.  I don't even know how much time I spend of facebook and I don't even like it.  You never hear of a kid quickly checking a gospel, but you can sure see a kid checking facebook.  All in all the T.V. is a very usefull tool that has been made into a weapon.  It should be a great way for learning and comunication within the church but unfortunately it is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment