Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Secret Millionare
This week we watched the secret millionare. It talked a lot about skid row and the missions invloved in it. I really like the idea of multi millionares giving back something to society. We all gave the guy a whole bunch of credit for his donation of one million dollars. Then I reallized, if he sold his company for five hundred million dollars then we are giving him a T.V. show based on the giving of a donation of point two percent of his income. Let's all clap. However, the guy seemed really comitted to try and help the people around. He seemed to help out charities who really diserved it. They were regular people, not millionares trying to change the world one bilion dollar check at a time. I was really shocked at the magnitude of the homelessness on skid row. I knew it would be bad but, not that bad. I'm really impressed with the publicity it got. Maybe it will spark some interest. So I give this guy credit for living somwhere totally out of his comfort zone for a week, but I think he could of done a little better with his five hundred million.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment